Mercer County Civil Fees Effective August 1, 2019 Ref: N.D.C.C. 11-15
1. Service of Levy and Execution, including Special Execution, to one person $60 and Subsequent service of same is an additional $20 plus mileage (see mileage chart).
2. For serving a summons, writ of attachment, writ of execution, subpoena, Small Claims, Evictions, notice of motion, or other notice or order of the court, order of replevin, injunctional order, citation, or any other mesne process and making a return thereon, in addition to the actual incurred costs of postage and long-distance telephone calls a total of twenty dollars for each person served. Any Subsequent service of the same is an additional $20 plus mileage (see mileage chart).
One original and one copy (or two copies) of the paperwork to be served is required.
3. Execution Sale (foreclosure) - When the plaintiff is the winning bidder, fees are as follows: $40 service of the Writ of Execution; $20 service of Notice of Sale; $75 County Commission; $75 Allowance to Sheriff on an Execution Sale for a total of $210.
4. Successful third-party bids on a foreclosure sale requires payment in full within two hours in the form of cashier's checks (amount to the plaintiff, sheriff's fees, overage to the court).
5. For making a return of not-found, for taking and filing a bond in claim and delivery or any other undertaking to be furnished and approved by the sheriff, $20. Plus, mileage (see mileage chart).
6. For making a copy of any process, bond, or paper, other than as is herein provided, $2 per page.
7. For levying or executing any writ, $40.
8. For calling an inquest to appraise any goods and chattels that the sheriff may be required to have appraised, $25, and each appraiser is entitled to receive $100 to be taxed as costs.
9. For issuing a certificate of redemption when property has been redeemed from a sale under execution or upon the foreclosure of a mortgage, $20.